Thursday, September 15, 2011

Challenge Chance Not Change

If you want to be a creative genius eminent achiever then you will have to take risks, and you must be willing to take chances. My grandfather used to have a very good saying; "show me someone who has never failed, and I will show you someone who has not only never succeeded, but probably hasn't ever done anything at all." A creative genius eminent achiever is someone who changes the way things are done, and it is generally someone who thinks like a child, but grows up as the unreasonable man.

If you are unfamiliar with the reasonable man quote it goes something like this; "the reasonable man molds himself to society so he can fit in, the unreasonable man molds society to his view of the world." Now then, that's not the exact quote, but it's the way I see it, and what it means to me. And I must say to that line of reasoning and philosophical thought; I do agree. If you are afraid to fail, you cannot succeed, and you will never get from here to there, or accomplish great things in this world or the next.

You must challenge the unknown and challenge chance. You must not be afraid of change, rather you must welcome it. Failure is not an ending point, it is a starting point, that is to say; it is a point at which you can start to reflect, understand what you've learned, and take that new knowledge forward now you have new parameters to challenge. In my life I have had failures, but I never thought of them as such. Rather I chalked them up for experience, and moved on, realizing there was a lesson in there, something that other people had not learned, because they were too afraid to go for it - too afraid of failure that is.

There is a very good song by Mary Chapin Carpenter titled; "I Take My Chances," and there is a line in the lyrics; "I take my chances, every chance I get," and I hope that you will perhaps go onto YouTube and listen to that song, so you can better understand what I'm talking about. There are lots of lessons I have learned, that you may never learn, and there are many lessons you may never learn yourself because you are afraid to take those chances.

I would submit to you that you need to throw caution to the wind a little more often, and take a few more chances and learn what it takes to be the creative genius eminent achiever. Do something great, not only for yourself, but for the rest of humanity too. I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank. Lance Winslow believes writing 24,500 articles by August 24th or 25th will be difficult because all the letters on his keyboard are now worn off now..


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment