Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Extreme Minimalism

Hi, I'm Alan. My full name is Alan Angela. I work in an office. But I'm not satisfied and unhappy with my job. I always believe that I should be a traveler and I would like to have more freedom. That's why I have decided to move towards extreme minimalism.

To achieve more freedom and more pleasure I'm trying to maintain minimalist principles i.e. omit needless things, identify the essential, make everything count etc. To achieve extreme minimalism I'm trying to learn many things about being minimalist and trying to maintain the things which I should follow such as to start by realizing I already have enough, cutting back on clutter, slowly edit everything and possessions and simplifying my schedule.

Minimalism is just a fancy word for keeping my life simple and my priorities straight. Being minimalist is a way to achieve balance in my life. By limiting myself in life to what is absolutely essential to my existence, I'll have more time for myself. I'll have more time to exercise and cook beautiful dinners again. I'll be able to focus on career goals that matter and not simply cranking out the next widget.

My biggest aim is to pack as lightly as possible as to keep my itinerary loose and light. I travel with just a carry-on bag, and don't check luggage, to make things as hassle-free as possible. My carry-on is just a small backpack. Here's my list I carry all times during travel: 4 shirts, 4 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of jeans, 1 jacket, Cell phone, cell phone charger, Cash, credit cards and Passport.

The path to a minimalist life is not an easy one. In order to achieve extreme minimalism my home will be:

a. Less stressful
b. More appealing.
c. Easier to clean.
d. Minimal furniture.
e. Clear surfaces.
f. Quality over quantity.

The definition of a minimalist workspace will be different for each person. The most extreme minimalist workspace, I think, would be to have no desk or papers or computer or anything of the kind - just yourself. You'd think, and talk, and maybe sit on the floor.

Minimalist Food will be very simple. Common answer is to eat less. How to eat less some ideas are following:

a. Eat until you're almost full
b. Eat smaller, lighter meals
c. Eat lots of fiber-rich and water-rich foods,
d. Avoid the restaurants that serve huge amount

With extreme minimalism finances don't have to be one of the most complicated things in your life. To save money I follow some things that I use cash not credit. I always try not to buy anything unless I need it, and only if I have the money. I think the first best step secret to happiness you can take to be happy, right here, right now, is to stop buying useless physical objects that you think will make you happy and the second best step you can take is to start eliminating the clutter in your life. Do this until you've pared down your possessions to the absolute necessities for your life.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment